Innovation and efficiency – RPA in the spotlight part 2
24. 10. 2023.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) technology is revolutionizing business processes and methods. In the first part of our two-part series, we introduced RPA technology and its extensive advantages, as well as possible requirements for its applicability. With the application of this innovative technology, we are witnessing a decrease in human intervention and more precise, faster task execution in various areas.
In the second part of “RPA in the spotlight,” you will gain insight into the various application areas of process automation and the details of introducing this service!
Possible business areas of applicability
Software robots can be successfully applied to support processes in the following business areas, such as:
- finance, accounting, controlling, and back-office functions; generating invoices, verifying and reconciling bank statements in the financial system, filling out reports and forms, managing orders and contracts, collecting data, and reporting,
- human resources and personnel administration; payroll processing, time tracking, permissions management,
- information technology; permissions management, ensuring data synchronization between systems, system monitoring,
- customer service and CRM areas; administrative support, data collection,
- sales areas; ensuring data synchronization, monitoring competitors,
- logistics and supply chain management areas; ensuring data synchronization, administrative tasks.
Introduction of RPA
During the process analysis service, treating the organization as a complex system and working closely with the client’s employees on-site, our experts identify problems that, when solved, can lead to significant improvements, following this rough task plan:
- presentation and alignment of RPA task execution and objectives with designated colleagues of the client,
- selection of processes suitable for automation in collaboration with the client (managers, employees),
- assessment and prioritization of selected processes, identification of development opportunities, preparation of development tasks,
- specification and implementation, execution of development tasks,
- setting up the software robot for live operation and providing optimal application training,
- support tasks, fine-tuning.
Implementing automated process automation is an investment for the organization. Therefore, it is recommended to carry out the task only in cases where meaningful process improvement and cost reduction opportunities are visible after the analysis, and there is a definite willingness to cooperate from the organization’s leadership!